Friday, March 25, 2011

my (dirty) little secret

So, I have this confession to make… While I’m sure there will be those of you out there who will gasp and delete this blog from the list of blogs followed, I think there are at least a few of you who could make the same confession (you know who you are). All right, here it is….Some days I don’t wash my hair. Sometimes I go two days in a row without washing my hair. Sometimes I even go….well I better stop there. You get the picture. If you’re like me and don’t wash your hair everyday (don’t worry your secret is safe with me) you’ll notice that the longer you go without washing your hair the more “lived-in” it starts to look. By “lived-in” I mean oily. So how can you keep it a secret that you don’t wash your hair everyday? I’ve found a few products that can help. Trust me, these products are life changing.

1) Dry Shampoo. If you haven’t tried this stuff you should… seriously amazing. I’ve tried three dry shampoos to date, each has pros and cons.

--Bed Head Rockaholic Dry Shampoo. Smells fab, doesn’t add too much texture and quickly absorbs oil. The problem? The aerosol quits working long before the can runs out of product. It’s really annoying and the product doesn’t last long.

--Batiste Dry Shampoo. This product can be purchased at Sally’s Beauty Supply. It’s cheap, works well, and out lasts Bed Head by a long shot. The problem? It smells weird. The fragrance is strong and not all that pleasant. Come to think of it the smell might have had something to do with my can lasting so long.

--Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo. Of the dry shampoos this was by far my favorite. It smells good and lasts longer than the Bed Head alternative, although in the end, the nozzle still clogged before the product ran out. It leaves your hair with kind of a hair sprayed feeling but it’s oil absorbing powers last at least two days (I haven’t tested it beyond that but I have no doubt it could keep your hair oil free for a week).

2) TRESemme Waterless Foam Shampoo. This is not a dry shampoo. A mousse-like product pumps out of the bottle. This is nice because the nozzle never clogs. It makes your hair smell fantastic but I was really disappointed when it came to oil removal. It really doesn’t help in that department.

3) Baby powder. This is by far the cheapest option and it works well. Just be careful to rub it in all the way because otherwise you’ll be walking around all day with white powder in your hair (people around you will be asking themselves: Dandruff? Early graying?... just trust me, rub it in).

That’s all I’ve got… Any suggestions from our lovely readers???

4 comments:

  1. I have tried the TRESemme' dry shampoo that comes in an aerosol and so far really like it. I'm no where near the end of my bottle though so hopefully the aerosol doesn't run out like your bedhead did.

    That being said, I think baby powder is magic and the price can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chrissy! I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh I love the Big Sexy hair dry shampoo. good call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dirt secret. By far my FAV out there
    mkhansens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete